About Parcl: We’re on a mission to bring real-estate to everyone.
How does Parcl work?
The Parcl Data Feed tracks the price per square foot of neighborhoods across the U.S. This data feeds into a smart contract, allowing users to invest in the underlying price movement of each real estate market. This lets investors gain exposure to the most sought-after neighborhoods with no minimum investment, immediate liquidity, and low transaction fees.
With Parcl you can build your dream real estate portfolio and trade your favorite neighborhoods just like you would Bitcoin, Ethereum or other crypto assets.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the data team to build, manage, and optimize data pipelines and data products across our data platform that are automated, thoroughly tested, scalable, reliable, and efficient
- Take ownership of end-to-end ETL/ELT pipelines; transform raw data into well-designed data models that are valuable to a variety of stakeholders
- Help to establish scalable and secure data governance processes that ensure our data ecosystem is highly secure and transparent
- Work with data science, product, and marketing teams to understand and translate business requirements into scalable engineering solutions
- Suggest and help implement ideas that will iteratively improve our data and engineering processes
Skills & Attributes You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent working experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on data engineering experience – data modeling, big data processing, SQL, ETL/ELT, and data warehousing
- Strong experience with Big Data processing tools and frameworks such as dbt, Spark, Hadoop, Databricks, etc.
- Proficiency with at least one object-oriented or functional programming language, such as Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.
- Strong experience with SQL, including analytical SQL functions
- Experience with Snowflake or other cloud-based data warehouses
- Experience working with different data sources/types such as Avro/Parquet, JSON, XML, CSV
- Experience working in public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure (preference for AWS)
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and git version control
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to work in a very flat, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and the willingness to learn new technologies and concepts
Skills & Attributes We’d Love you to Bring:
- An interest and curiosity in crypto, DeFi, synthetic real estate, and Web3
- Experience working with dbt
- Experience using orchestration tools such as Prefect, Airflow, Astronomer.io
- Experience with cloud automation tools such as Terraform or AWS Cloudformation
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, EMR, AWS Glue, etc.
- Experience working with Geospatial data, including GeoJSON
- Experience consuming data from APIs using REST and/or gRPC
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools such as Tableau, QuickSight, or Power BI
Parcl’s Culture & Purpose:
We are working on a massive opportunity. To achieve our mission, we must establish a culture of constant growth that maximizes the potential of each team member, generating the collective momentum necessary to rise to this timely occasion. Some things to know about us:
Be Gritty: Grit is our intense focus, driving persistence in our craft– we don’t let setbacks define us.
Unleash Courage: Sometimes we’ll need to rumble, but we know our greatest asset is our ability to tackle each problem with the confidence that we were designed to solve it together.
We’re Voyagers: Curiosity is in our DNA; we’re energized by outlandish ideas. While we don’t always know what’s ahead of us, we are agile and open to the unknown.
Embrace Gratitude: We lead with empathy. Our energy and time are our greatest currency. Let's enjoy the ride.
Read more about our Team & Parcl here, also follow us on Twitter to join the conversation!
At Parcl, we believe in driving equity in real-estate and beyond. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we take diversity and inclusion very seriously and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This means that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. We will also ensure that qualified applicants with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. At Parcl, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our team can be anyone’s team and the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.